Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Florida: The Land of Mosquitoes

I recently returned from a trip to Florida earlier this month with some good friends. I gotta say it was quite nice to sit back and relax and have nothing to worry about for once, although I did get a bit antsy laying around all day without any hiking to look forward to. An attempt was made to squeeze in a short hike while at Caladesi Island State Park, but after entering 3 steps onto the wooded hiking trail I found myself covered in mosquitoes and I could almost feel all of the blood draining out of my body. Needless to say Nicole and I got the hell out of there running wildly across the beach throwing our arms around like a scene from Tommy Boy. That was the end of any serious attempts to hike thanks to the large amount of mosquito breeding grounds formed by Tropical Storm Debby the week before. We did explore Fort De Soto County Park a bit, bootless, no real hiking but more walking around. After snapping a few pictures of birds and a snake, we drove off and I was semi-content with no further hiking this trip.


Mileage: A few feet.


Crane.

A Rat Snake.

Mangroves.

"Hiking" trail.

Storm rolling in.

Reeds in wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment