Monday, July 29, 2013

Seek The Peak 2013


Wanderlust turned two this month and to celebrate I kept last years tradition alive by participating in Seek the Peak again. Thanks to you guys I was able to raise $310 in support of the Mount Washington Observatory. So right on dudes, much much much much much appreciated.
This time around the weather wasn't as cooperative as last year and by Friday afternoon the hiking portion of the event had been canceled due to the probability of severe thunderstorms, so I did what any logical person would have done and went ahead and hiked it anyways. And I'm glad I did because it turned out to be a great hike. I saw two Moose no more than 15 feet away from me, close enough to ride, had I brought my Moose saddle, and the weather held out long enough for me to finish the hike safely. Albeit 3 miles of it was in thick clouds with 60mph wind, but honestly that's more fun anyways, and what else would you expect from "The Home of the World's Worse Weather". Ten minutes after returning to the car it started to downpour and the after party had to be put on hold for a bit to allow for the weather to pass. Once it did we were clear to commence pounding plate after plate of Thanksgiving food provided by Hart's Turkey Farm. A special thanks to Kendrick and Katie for participating and making the trek with me, you guys rocks.
Here's to another awesome year of exploring this world, one mile at a time.


Mileage: 8.6 miles

Cairns in the mist.

Just a baby guy.
Storm approaching.

Chomping.
Tuckerman's Ravine.

Moose family.




No comments:

Post a Comment