Monday, October 1, 2012

Willowdale State Forest

I've been pretttty busy the past few weeks doing tons of fun things. In fact the last two months have been completely non stop, no complaints mind you, it has been an awesome time full of trips, hikes, parties, adventures, festivals, hanging out with good friends, and of course burn out mode activities. I was however able to squeeze in a hike two weekends ago at Willowdale State Forest in Ipswich, MA. I ended up going on this one by myself which was good because I got to clear my head and think about some stuff, blah blah. I don't really have all that much to write about this hike, although it was just shy of 7 miles in length, there really wasn't to much to see along the way. This however wasn't a bad thing, just different from my hikes of late. It was great fall weather, perfect for hiking and the trails here are well marked. The only downfall of the trail system within the park is that there are so many trails and trail intersections that it would be quite easy to get turned around if you were trying to attempt a designated hike. I say this speaking from experience of course, on account i got turned around as shit for about 45 minutes before, after a series of complete guesses, I ended up back on the trail I was suppose to be on. I may or may not have yelled "fuck" a few times. After completing the loop I went to a nearby farm stand/hay maze/familyashellthingtodo and bought a root beer and a pie. I took said pie with me over to a friends house to watch some football, which is where I learned that bringing a pie to a football game makes you gay. All and all it was a good hike, not the best I've been on in the area, but with miles of trails and a surprising sense of remoteness while hiking them, Willowdale State Forest is worth a visit. Also this hike put me over my goal to hike 100 miles this year, which is awesome and I'm grateful to everyone who has come along with me so far. There is still 3 months left in the year and I intend to crush that goal and go for as much as possible before years end, so dammit people, keep hiking with me. Cheers!

Mileage: 6.5 Miles

Fall Path.

No comments:

Post a Comment