Wednesday, February 26, 2014

New Boots, Same Blog!





So as I previously stated, after two and a half good, dedicated years of service the boots have taken a turn for the worse and as a result they've been forced into early retirement due to a career ending compound fractured seam. This has left me about as heartbroken as a pair of boots can make a person. They have been with me throughout the entire journey these past few years as my Desmond-like Constant. Replacing them has been no simple task, and I've spent a good chunk of time over the past few months trying to find a new pair of boots to continue aiding in my Wanderlust for the foreseeable future. And I have found a pair, the Salomon Conquest GTX Hiking Boots. Hopefully these suckers will last though many years of hiking adventures.
In other news, Wanderlust has been pretty quiet the past few months, there have been a few trips up to New Hampshire and to the Berkshires, but not nearly as much as I would have liked. But all of that is going to change in the coming months. I have already booked plane tickets back to Utah to rock around the desert again for a few days, and to Iceland to tool around on some of the best hiking trails the world has to offer. Hot springs, volcanoes, glaciers, and Ice Caves abound. So stay tuned for more!

Mileage: 6 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment