Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Thanksgiving Leftovers




I'm excited for the promise of 2015. Where will I go? What will I do? The possibilities are virtually endless. I have no plans as of yet, sure I've got some ideas kicking around but I have no clue where the year will take me, and that excites me. I started this blog roughly 3 1/2 years ago with the simple purpose of tracking where I have been, the places I've seen and the miles I've hiked, but it has become so much more than that. It has pushed me to visit more places and to see more things. Just how if you go running with a friend you're usually faster, or if you play a game against someone, you're more competitive, this blog has challenged me to step out of my comfort zone more, and pushed me to discover more of what the world has to offer, and I hope it has in some small way done the same for some of you who read along.
So 2014 has come to and end, good or bad, it's over. We start with a clean slate, of sorts, come this Thursday. It's a whole new year, a whole new set of vacation days, and a whole new chance to turn those "what if's" and "maybe somedays" into realities. Most of us make New Years resolutions, whether it's quietly within our own heads, or smothered all over the news feed of Facebook, so this year try to take the time to include "I will travel somewhere I've always wanted to go." on that list. I've said this before and I'll say it again, It's easy to get caught up in the ever increasing busyness of life, but don't lose sight of what it's all about. Set aside some time to see some of the amazing things this world has to offer. And don't forget, Carol from marketing can wait a fucken week for those reports. Cheers to a happy 2015 people!
So many trips this year! I feel behind majorly and just like Thanksgiving I'm left with days of sweet sweet leftovers. I don't have time, or frankly the will, to sit down and write about everything I've missed. There was a hike or two from Iceland I left out, a day hike in Austin, TX, some short fall jaunts, an island romping adventure, and a slew of wanders from around New England that didn't make it into this years cut. They are all very special, and this post serves to represent them. I've included some pictures from a sampling of the hikes and I might take the time to write up another post with some pictures I forgot/haven't had the time to edit.

2014 Has been very kind to me. A lot has happened this year that I am immensely grateful for. I've moved on to a new amazing chapter of my life and I'm learning more everyday. I know it's cheesy, but I am extremely grateful for the opportunities I've been given and even more grateful for the people I get to share them with. Here's to many more miles with you people!

Mileage: 11 Miles

Texas Trees.

Lizard Ninja.

Earth Veins.

Last Stand.

Patrickly Pear Cactus.

Birdnado.

Barrier.

Tree Swing.

Vibrant Monkey.

Dungeon Reflections.
Volcano.

Pretty Much everywhere, it's going to be raining.

Sea Smash.

Through the rocks.

Mossy.

Lava Hiking.

Field of Violet.

Scorched Earth.

Basalt Column Cliffs.

1 comment:

  1. Any time you wore a pleasure not to mention sporty shirts or dresses accompanied by a gucci replica not to mention torn-up back pack, you'd be better with distributing a completely different personal message, it would be considered fantastic personal message. It's actually a purpose from humiliation to train on a limp not to mention tattered back pack. This unique commands society that you are currently sick and tired of increasingly being frustrated not to mention fed up. There's nothing some hermes replica personal message to always be distributing. Your internet business clients definitely will learn this unique and often will take on his or her's business deals any place else. Kids definitely will learn it again and often will adopt a pathetic situation. Be considered healthier character brand. Find a latest back pack. A state of mind could be put utilizing your louis vuitton replica hats fashion accessories. You are likely to look healthier any time you take a look your current. If your dress including your fashion accessories are actually styling, you should not guidance and yet look fantastic. Any time you look fantastic, most people specific it again by hand not to mention verbally. gucci replica definitely will read through yourself tongue and often will answer to a positivity. Nevertheless slack form might be gloomy. Any time you you shouldn't care and attention an adequate amount of towards attract one self together with each other, yourself tongue spells conquer. You shouldn't transmit this unique personal message. Lack of enthusiasm breeds further lack of enthusiasm. Subsequently you're going to be spiraling downhill. Garment for the purpose of victory, together with your fashion accessories, including your spirit definitely will hermes birkin replica. Mechanical circulation looks after are actually people who inevitably end, managed from an enclosed tool of which winds typically the wristwatch through response to the regular kinetics of this follow wearer.

    ReplyDelete