Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A Toast to 2015




To sum it up in one word, this winter has been: long. Beneath the soul crippling mounds and piles and mountains of brownish-black snow that is only now starting to melt lies a world in wait. A lot can happen in three months, even amidst the endless onslaught of snow and frigid temperatures life still chugs on. Fortunately for me, the last three months have been filled with some good news and great experiences; I learned how to ski (and have become somewhat obsessed with it), I've been able to take a handful of trips around New England and enjoy the good side of all this cold weather, I've already planned and purchased plane tickets for two trips this year: Utah and Switzerland, which i'll talk a bit about later, I'm moving to Gloucester to live with my awesomely amazing girlfriend Chrissy, and so much more.
The whole skiing thing has taken front and center over the past weekends, and because of this I haven't had much hikes to write about, which I'm OK with since I've still been able to get outside whenever there hasn't been 3 feet of snow dumping on our heads. This year does however hold much in the way of hiking. I will be flying out to Utah in less than two weeks to hike in Zion, and Bryce National Parks and spend a couple of days backpacking in the Escalante region. Even further on the horizon is a trip to Switzerland in August to spend 10 days in one of the worlds greatest hiking destinations. I'm very excited for what this year has in store, and I can't wait to share the photo's and experiences with you all. Cheers!

Mileage: 2 Miles

Snow Mist.

Sun Path.

Echo Lake.

Mountaineer.

Swiss American.

Guard on Duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment