Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Wow, What A Whirlwind!




April, May, June, July, August, September......October? I't's been that long since I last posted? William H. Macy that's a long time. This has been a crazy year....crazy as in a good crazy. As most of you know I started a new job, Chrissy and I moved in together, oh yeah AND we are getting married! I know what you're thinking and no I won't be wearing the boots to the wedding. And besides the aisle isn't long enough to count mileage anyways. But all joking aside it has been a awesome, wild ride the last few months. Not to mention a trip to Utah, and Switzerland thrown in the mix, which did a hell of a job meeting my hiking needs this summer.
Speaking truthfully, I've been neglecting the blog as of late and I would like to say it's because I haven't had any time. Well it's true, I have been busy, but when it comes down to it you always make time for the things you really care about. And sadly I don't really care too much about the blog right now. It bums me out. I think, a lot actually, about writing a new post, or putting up some pictures, but I haven't really had the motivation to do so. Life is good, but the blog suffers. Now I'm not saying that this is a forever-thing, it's just that for now, and for the indefinite future, I don't really know how often I'll be posting updates. Now hopefully this all turns around and I am invigorated by writing this post, but only time will tell. Life goes through phases, and things come and go, and for now my interests lie elseware.

Ohhhhh but Switzerland, you cheese filled, Alps laden, Turquoise lake filled son-of-a-bitch, oh how I miss you. Switzerland is easily in the top three for hiking destinations in the world, at least in my book (and probably Rick Steves' too, but fuck that guy). Switzerland is a country that has it all figured out, who's trains run to the minute and are waiting to whisk you away to any corner of the country in mere hours all the while serving you beer and cheese as you ride. If Switzerland's rail system took a shit, it would still run, and smell, better than Boston's T. And thats not all; everything is clean, in fact a large majority of the mountain villages are car free (Which doesn't mean you won't get hit by a souped up electric bus in Zermatt), and a good majority of these villages are subsidized by the government to stay active farming communities, which means that when you're hiking around in the Swiss Alps you'll hear cows wandering around with bells around their neck and you'll pass by small farms serving up their own varieties of cheese, trailside, INSTEAD of hearing buses and seeing large hotels and waterparks. All of this was great, and very new to me. You can travel to a lot of places in the world and not really feel like they are that much different, but Switzerland really did feel like a completely new place to me. Hell I would even go as far as to say that it might even impress Shania Twain.

Oh and the Hiking was A class. Here are some photo's from our first hike of the trip, The Schilthorn.

Mileage: 10 Miles




























No comments:

Post a Comment