Friday, August 1, 2014

Seek The Peak 2014!


 

Last month was Wanderlust's third birthday and in keeping with the tradition, I once again hiked Mt.Washington for this years Seek The Peak. For those of you who don't know what that is; Seek The Peak is an annual fundraiser in which participants are sponsored to hike Mt.Washington in order to raise money for the Mt. Washington Observatory. It's a great event and they treat the participants to free beer, food, events, and prizes. Which comes to my next topic, A humungous thank you too those of you who sponsored me to hike and allowed me to participate in the event, and drink that free beer. This year we raised $423 to support the Observatories efforts, so thank you all a friggen ton for the support! A special thanks to my girlfriend Chrissy, and my brother Kendrick for joining me on the "fun" hike up to the summit. With some minor (2 hour) setbacks, including helping a dude recover from dehydration on the trail and sprinting to the top to get him some help, we were able to finish the hike in time to make it to the after party and chow-down on a Thanksgiving feast from Hart's Turkey Farm. Thanks again everybody, cheers!

Mileage: 8.6 miles

#Instagram

Sweaty Beasts.

The Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment